Monday, January 16, 2017

A Beautiful Benediction


Treasured friend,

I was in the process of preparing for a worship service we'll be leading later in the week. The topic in our current series is suffering as Christians. I was reading in 1 Peter on my WordSearch Bible software.

To close the service, I was looking for the benediction Peter gave. So, I picked up my leather-bound NLT--which is actually the one I'd given my dad years ago. I remember seeing him pour over it--delighting in the fact that the Word was coming alive to him in fresh ways. He highlighted so much, that there are few spots on any given page that aren't highlighted.

The Bible opened right to the page I'd been seeking, as Daddy had left a marker (a torn envelope, actually) right in the page where Peter gives the benediction--which, by the way, is absolutely perfect for this service. And yes, the passage was highlighted by Daddy's hand. What a heritage he left me.

Here is this week's benediction, then:

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. 
So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, 
and he will place you on a firm foundation. 
All power to him forever! Amen. -- 1 Peter 5:10-11

Blessings and prayers,

Julie

 © 2017, Julie-Allyson Ieron. All rights reserved. For reprint permission, email: orders@joymediaservices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment