Sunday, February 13, 2011

God's Awesomeness

Treasured friend,

I'm taking some much-needed one-on-one time with my Lord this week--as I feel the challenge to refresh my loving relationship with Him. So, I won't do much writing. Instead, I'll ask you to meditate with me on a passage of Scripture that, once again, takes our eyes off ourselves and our circumstances and places them on our awesome Lord, where they should be--the Lord who first loved us and invites us to fall in love with Him. Here it is:

O LORD, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth, Who have set Your glory above the heavens!

2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.

3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,

4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?

5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,

7 All sheep and oxen-- Even the beasts of the field,

8 The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:1-9 (NKJV)
I've been meditating prayerfully on this Psalm and on others that lead me to reflect on the excellence of the Lord, our Creator/Friend. Next week, we'll chat more about what I've been learning. But for now, I challenge you to take this same journey with me.


In addition, here are some of the passages my study has taken me to:
 
Psalm 91
Rev 2:1-4
Psalm 27
1 Corinthians 13
 
If you would, read those passages along with me -- and then next week, we can work on putting the pieces together. I'll share with you what I've learned from digging into them -- and maybe you can give me some feedback on what you've seen and heard from the Lord from those same verses.
 
Blessings and prayers to our Lord for you, today! May He open your eyes and ears to what He is saying, not just to the body of believers at large -- but especially to you, the love of His life.

Julie

© 2011, Julie-Allyson Ieron. All rights reserved. For reprint permission, email: orders@joymediaservices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment