Saturday, February 2, 2013

Psalm of Courage

Treasured friend,

We're having a rough time in the caregiving journey this season, so I'm finding special meaning in a Scripture I read devotionally today. I hope and pray you find this portion of The Word meaningful, as well. It comes in two excerpts from Psalm 27:

8 You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.”

13 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD! [ESV]
In God's face is comfort and strength. Seeing Him gives His followers courage and hope. And in this Psalm, not only are we assured that we'll see His face with our very own eyes one day in eternity, but that our spiritual eyes will see glimpses of Him here and now -- right in the middle our greatest challenges of faith.

So, today, we seek Him with the Psalmist. And we hold firmly to the hope that we'll see His goodness in our circumstances today -- no matter what they may be.



Blessings and prayers, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment