Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Because He Loves Us!

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.
Isaiah 43:1-4 (ESV)
 
Treasured friend,

What you’ve just read is a passage of Scripture I used as a basis for a teaching I did last Sunday morning at The Orchard EFC’s LifeBuilders class. And, related to it, I would like to share with you today the encouragement I’ve found in this passage, as I told it in my newest book, The GOD Interviews (Leafwood, 2012).

Have you ever been tempted to blame God, even to turn on Him? Like a petulant child, I’ve found my heart crying, “Obviously, You don’t like me, or this wouldn’t have happened. Maybe I won’t like You anymore; maybe I won’t even believe in You.”

What a slippery slope. And so misguided. “You are precious in My eyes,” He replies to that outburst. How amazing that the mouth of God speaks directly to our raw and aching hearts. Our suffering isn’t a negative reflection on our status in His eyes. He isn’t letting us know we’re on His bad side. He’s letting us know that in our suffering, He loves us. Listen to Him say it to you: He loves you. He thinks of you as precious.1
 

With that in mind, precious friend, I pray you’ll hear His voice speaking directly into your heart today …

 

You are precious in My eyes

            You are honored in My eyes

                        I LOVE YOU!

                                    Signed, Your Father in Heaven—

Who is always and forever with you.

 
Blessings and prayers,
Julie


1Quoted by permission from The GOD Interviews: Questions You Would Ask, Answers God Gives. © Julie-Allyson Ieron, Leafwood Publishers, 2012. All rights reserved. To purchase a copy of this book or any other by Julie, visit: www.joymediaservices.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment