Sunday, May 2, 2010

When the Well Is Dry

Treasured Friend,

Our family would covet your prayers this week. We're struggling with illness and impending surgery. My writing and editing deadlines. And much more.

So, for me, the well seems dry today. That's why I returned this evening to a Scripture my grandfather bequeathed to me in a card shortly before his death. I've found it meaningful as I've read it over and over in the last years. Tonight, I confess, it nearly made me cry -- the good kind of tears.

I pray it will touch your heart in much the same way -- at your point of most humbling need.

Psalms 20:1-7 (NASB)
Prayer for Victory over Enemies
May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high! May He send you help from the sanctuary And support you from Zion! May He remember all your meal offerings And find your burnt offering acceptable! Selah.

May He grant you your heart's desire And fulfill all your counsel!

We will sing for joy over your victory, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.

Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand.

Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.

The strength in this passage, for me, is not just the confidence in God's strength, but the fact that a cheerleader out there somewhere is carrying me to the throne of God even this very moment. As we've examined in earlier devotions, there are two Heavenly Prayer Warriors speaking my name (and yours) to the Father -- Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. And, joining Their voices, in this passage, are godly friends -- all pulling in the same direction, asking God to strengthen us and to prove Himself faithful to us.

Let's make a covenant ... you and I ... I'm praying this passage for you as I write tonight -- and please pray it for me whenever you read it. I'm quite sure I'll need it! As will you.

Many blessings and prayers that the Lord will answer you in your distress even if it's ongoing in this day and this hour.

Julie

© 2010, Julie-Allyson Ieron. All rights reserved. For reprint permission, email: orders@joymediaservices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment